DEHS 2017 Post Prom
May 20, 2017
12am to 5am
1. What is a Post Prom Party? A Post Prom Party is an event that is held immediately after the Senior Prom to offer students a safe, alcohol and drug free night of fun activities.
2. When is the Post Prom Party? The Post Prom Party is held immediately following the Senior Prom from 12am-5am.
3. Why do we need a Post Prom Party? Every year students are killed in drunken driving accidents or in drug or alcohol-related violence after their prom. Downingtown East Post Prom started in 2008 and over the last 3 years over 1000 students have attended the party.
4. Who can attend the Post Prom Party? All Seniors and their Prom dates. Even Seniors who do not attend the Prom are invited to the Post Prom.
5. What kind of activities are planned at the Post Prom? We will have a Casino with Professional Dealers, Moon Bounce Inflatables, Live Entertainment (last year, a hypnotist), Great Food, Volleyball and Texas Hold Em tournaments and LOTS of prizes for the students!
6. Where is the Post Prom being held? The Post Prom is being held at Downingtown East High School. Our decorating committee will transform DEHS! You will not recognize the school! Students have reported getting 'lost' in school at the Post Prom!
7. What is the cost? The event is free to all students attending the event. The Post Prom Party is sponsored by parents, local businesses, and members of the community who want to offer students a safe and secure environment to enjoy one of the most memorable nights of their young lives.
8. Where can I get more information? You can get more information about the DEHS Post Prom at our website www.dehspostprom.com. The website has contact information, volunteer information and all the latest news regarding the Post Prom.
9. How can I help? There are many ways you can help to “Keep the Tradition Going”. Volunteer! There are many ways to help make this a memorable night for our Seniors. Support our fund raiser by buying raffle tickets. Donate a prize or make a cash donation. Work the night of the event.
10. My student is an underclassman, why should I get involved? We need everyone’s participation to run an event of this magnitude. Your child will be a Senior in the blink of an eye. If we don’t “Keep the Tradition Going” now, there will be no Post Prom for your child.